News

Expressway to Kumasi: 20km of Clearing Left to Completion

By Politics Desk 2 min read
Less than 20km of clearing left to connect Accra-Kumasi Expressway to Kumasi – Agbodza

The Minister for Roads and Highways, Governs Kwame Agbodza, revealed that less than 20 kilometres of clearing work remains on the Accra-Kumasi Expressway before the project reaches Kumasi. The project had made significant progress, with the contractor, Kofi Job Construction Limited, returning to site and making progress on the project.

Contractor Back on Site

The Minister announced that Kofi Job Construction Limited had returned to site and was making progress on the project. "Since then, the contractor, Kofi Job, has returned to site and is doing very well," he said. The contractor was nearing completion of one section of the road before moving to the other side, expressing confidence that the remaining works would be completed.

Asantehene's Support

Mr Agbodza acknowledged the support and guidance of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, on road infrastructure development in the Kumasi enclave. The Asantehene had previously stressed the need to complete roads around the area to facilitate the operationalisation of the Sewua Hospital, which is expected to serve as a regional hospital for Kumasi. The Minister also expressed appreciation to the Ghana Armed Forces for their support during the clearing exercise.

Completion of the Expressway

The Minister said the project had made significant progress and was now only a short stretch away from connecting with the Kumasi Orbiter, also known as the Kumasi Ring Road. "We have less than 20 kilometres. I'm sure we have maybe around 10, 15 kilometres to hit Kumasi itself," he said on Friday, August 21, 2026. The progress would pave the way for the expressway to connect with key road infrastructure around Kumasi.

The completion of the expressway will be a significant development for the region, facilitating the operationalisation of the Sewua Hospital and improving connectivity to key areas around Kumasi. The Minister's announcement has brought hope to residents and commuters who have been eagerly awaiting the completion of the project. As the contractor continues to work on the project, it is expected that the remaining works will be completed soon.


Source: JOY

Written by

Politics Desk

The Politics Desk provides timely and balanced coverage of political developments in Ghana and around the world. The desk reports on elections, government policies, parliamentary proceedings, public affairs, political parties, and major national issues that shape society. Committed to accuracy, fairness, and responsible journalism, the Politics Desk delivers well-researched news and analysis to help readers stay informed about the decisions and events influencing public life.