Woman eats 3ft-long iPhone charger, but she’s in a cable condition

A mystery woman with a rare eating disorder required emergency surgery after attempting to eat a 3ft iPhone charger cable.

The unnamed Polish woman suffers from Pica, a disorder where people try to eat inedible objects. She was rushed to surgery after the cable became lodged in her oesophagus.

Woman eats 3ft-long iPhone charger, but she’s in a cable condition

The woman was reportedly given emergency treatment to remove the cable after calling 911 after she began suffocating.

‘The case presents a woman who swallowed a meter long charging (power) cable for an iPhone,’ said a group called ‘Ready to Rescue,’ which teaches First Aid in the Polish city of Wroclaw.

The woman was discharged from the emergency room after the operation.

Originally posted on the social media page of a group calling itself Savage Paramedics, which describes itself as being ‘a community for health professionals to come together for humor, fun, and education’, the photo first appeared on Saturday.

Woman eats 3ft-long iPhone charger, but she’s in a cable condition

It was accompanied by another photo showing a close up of the phone charger lodged inside the woman’s throat.

The group then posted: ‘The cord was successfully removed in the hospital and she made a full recovery.

source:nsemwokrom.com