For the first time since he was charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the fatal shooting that occurred on the set of his movie “Rust,” Alec Baldwin was seen on Friday morning.
One day after New Mexico prosecutors revealed the allegations against him and armorer Hannah Guitierres-Reed, Baldwin, 64, made an appearance in New York City.
He rushed into a waiting van while his wife, Hilaria, distracted the reporters by donning a witty “Empathy” sweatshirt and giving a brief statement while he disguised his face as he entered the Film Center Building on 9th Ave.
As Baldwin made to exit his building’s side entrance, yoga instructor Hilaria, 39, led the press to the corner for a statement she was “only going to say…once,” which turned out to be “I’m not going to say anything to you. You know that. “
Baldwin announced yesterday that he would defend the allegations after earlier denying any involvement in the shooting of the real bullet that accidentally discharged into a pretend gun and killed cameraman Halyna Hutchins. As they rehearsed a scene at a church where Baldwin planned to draw a weapon in October 2021, Hutchins was in front of Baldwin.
“This decision distorts Halyna Hutchins’ tragic death and represents a terrible miscarriage of justice,” the Emmy winner’s lawyer Luke Nikas told The Post. Nikas said the actor was “blindsided” by the charges.
“Mr. Baldwin had no reason to believe there was a live bullet in the gun — or anywhere on the movie set,” he continued.“He relied on the professionals with whom he worked, who assured him the gun did not have live rounds.”
Baldwin previously paid an undisclosed sum to resolve a wrongful death lawsuit brought by Hutchins’ family. The 25-year-old is “extremely emotional,” but will also fight the allegations, according to Gutierrez-attorney, Reed’s Jason Bowles, who spoke to The Post.
He asserted that “[the allegations] are the outcome of an extremely poor inquiry, and an erroneous grasp of the complete facts.”