Hussain Chehab: Met Safer Schools officer pleads guilty to child sex offences

Hussain Chehab: Met Safer Schools officer pleads guilty to child sex offences

A serving Met Police officer stationed in a north London school has pleaded guilty to child sex offenses.

PC Hussain Chehab, 22, admitted four counts of sexual activity with a girl between the ages of 13 and 15, three counts of making indecent photographs of a child, and one count of sexual communication with a child.

He appeared in court on Tuesday at Wood Green Crown Court and will be sentenced on March 17th.

The Met stated that no evidence linked any of Chehab’s crimes to his role.

The 22-year-old had sex with the schoolgirl on at least two occasions between March and September 2019, when he was aged 19

The PC joined the Met in March 2020 and was assigned to the North Area Command Unit, where he worked as a Safer Schools officer in an Enfield secondary school between May and August 2021.

In July 2021, the family of a 16-year-old girl reported to police that she had recently been in a relationship with Chehab, which they believed began when she was 15 years old.

Chehab was arrested in August 2021 and placed on restricted duties, including working within the confines of a police building in a non-public-facing role and having no contact with schools or children.

‘Sickening’ exploitation

A spokesperson for the Met said investigators found a number of indecent images when they seized his digital devices, and he was arrested for further offences and suspended from duty in October 2021.

When police analysed his devices, they also found messages between Chehab and a 14-year-old girl engaging in sexual communication.

The teenager later provided evidence to police that they had entered into a sexual relationship in 2019, when she was 14.

Det Ch Supt Caroline Haines, policing lead for Enfield, said Chehab’s offences were “sickening” and he “exploited” the young girls “for his own sexual gratification”.

PC Hussain Chehab is facing jail after pleading guilty to four counts of sexual activity with a child, one of sexual communication with a child and three counts of making indecent photographs of children

“Once the initial allegations against PC Chehab were made, he was immediately removed from his role while the investigation took place,” she said.

Det Ch Supt Haines went on to say that the Met had worked closely with the school and the local authority to ensure that no further unreported safeguarding incidents or missed opportunities occurred.

‘Considerable damage’

She said the information provided to the Met before Chehab joined the force was reviewed and he also went through further child and vulnerable group supervision vetting before beginning his role as a Safer Schools officer, but “nothing was found that could have indicated his offending”.

“Of course, this news will cause significant damage and concern not only to the local community, but to Londoners as a whole, who rely on police officers to go into our schools alongside their children every day and keep them safe,” she added.

“While no evidence linking any of Chehab’s offending to his role has been discovered, we are engaging with our local schools, community forums, and independent advisory groups to reassure them following the damage his actions will have caused.”

No verdict was recorded in an additional four counts of making indecent photographs of a child during the court hearing, and the judge ordered that they be left on file.

The Met stated that an accelerated misconduct process had been initiated for Chehab and that a hearing would be held as soon as possible.

source:nsemwokrom.com

Total
0
Share