A fourth child has died of a killer bacteria that can ‘eat flesh’ and cause ‘toxic shock’

0 Muhammad Ibrahim Ali 1

A fourth child has died as a result of a killer bacteria that can ‘eat flesh’ and cause ‘toxic shock,’ according to one expert, who warns parents to be aware of when to seek medical attention for their children.

A fourth child in the United Kingdom has died as a result of a lethal bacterial virus that can “eat flesh” and cause “toxic shock” in those infected.

Strep A has made a comeback in primary schools across the UK, with four deaths now linked to the potentially lethal bacteria.

Deaths have been reported in Surrey and Wales, with one family in Wycombe reporting that their four-year-old son, Muhammad Ibrahim Ali, had a cardiac arrest, according to WalesOnline.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) confirmed the youngster’s tragic death, revealing that he died of the terrifying virus that has since killed three other children.

 fourth child

A six-year-old student at a primary school in Surrey is also said to have died after coming into contact with the virus earlier this week.

One other child, whose name was not given, is said to have died after contracting the infection at Victoria Primary School in Wales.

“What we worry about is when it becomes invasive and severe,” said Dr Liz Whittaker, an Imperial College London paediatric infectious diseases and immunology alumni.

Advice is given to parents who are concerned about the rise in Strep. They “should know when to seek medical attention,” according to a diagnosis.

The BBC listed “a child’s temperature not settling after four or five days” and “breathing fast or lethargic” as causes of Strep A concern.

“We are seeing more of Strep Group A circulating right now,” Dr. Whittaker added, “and whenever you see more of anything, you see more of the serious side of it.”

Strands of the disease can cause mild illnesses like strep throat, scarlet fever, or skin infections, which can lead to life-threatening and life-changing conditions like “toxic shock syndrome” and “flesh-eating,” according to the CDC.

There is no evidence that the four deaths are connected in any way.